By now, your stomach has hopefully settled from that third plate you insisted on having on Thanksgiving—and if you refrained from lining up outside of a big box store last night, you’re now ready to burn off some of those calories taking advantage of all the Black Friday deals. (Yes, pacing around your house between orders on your laptop counts as exercise.)
Obviously, when we think of Black Friday here at The Glow Up, we’re also thinking about black-owned and helmed businesses—and thankfully, many of our favorites are offering major discounts today. So, whether you’re getting some holiday shopping done or simply planning to treat yourself, make this Black Friday your blackest yet with some melanin-rich brands! (This list will grow as more deals are added throughout the weekend.)
- Blk + Grn, the all-natural, all black-owned home and beauty marketplace, has a lot to be thankful for this season. After suffering a traumatic brain injury during a car accident this summer, its founder, Dr. Kristian Henderson, is on the mend—and as a thank you to her shoppers and supporters, she’s generously offering a sliding scale of discounts: 10-25 percent off of purchases $50-$150 using the codes BLKFRIDAY10, 20 or 25—plus free shipping.
- Heat Free Hair is offering deep discounts on their coveted assortment of extensions, wigs and ponytails. Specifically, save $40 when you spend $200 using code BLACKOUT40—or save $80 when you spend $400 using code BLACKOUT80.
- If you struck out trying to find products from Tracee Ellis Ross’ Pattern Beauty during its instantly sold-out drop a few months back, now’s your chance to try the restocked range of curl-loving solutions for 20 percent off!
- Candles from 125 Collection make great stocking stuffers, and today they’re offering a free mini candle with all orders over $75.
- Liberté lingerie makes gorgeous intimate apparel up to a 38H, created by a lingerie model who knows more than most about fit. At 30 percent off today, these luxury-level pieces will have you well-equipped for cuffing season!
- Rue 107 is the curvy girl’s go-to for proudly body-conscious dressing (from sizes 2-24), and with 30 percent off sitewide today, you can stock up on sexy styles!
- Savage X Fenty is letting us get intimate with a major discount this Cyber Month—65 percent off every piece of lingerie it offers (with a 30-day fit guarantee)!
- The Homegirl Box, which honors icons like Shirley Chisholm, Assata Shakur and Octavia Butler, may not come at a discount this season (“We’re not into capitalist holidays and don’t believe in discounting women’s labor and work,” they say), but it will ship for free through Monday!
- New to the online marketplace, Love Dot curates unique and gorgeous clothing and accessories from around the world—including fashions from African label Sika Designs. For Cyber Weekend, they’re making it even more accessible, offering 30 percent off of everything!
- Any Pat McGrath Labs devotee knows the makeup artist’s cult-favorite luxury line doesn’t come cheap—but this Cyber Weekend, she’s making it easier for us to indulge, with 25 percent off orders under $150, and 30 percent off purchases of $150 or more.
- Coloured Raine is giving rich discounts on their cruelty-free pigments this weekend, offering up to 75 percent off select products—including items from their Glow Up-recommended Power collaboration.
- Similarly, Juvia’s Place is offering 70 percent off of its bestsellers, making this an ideal time to stock up on favorites, or find out why this makeup brand is so beloved!
- Fenty Beauty has discounted its popular Moroccan Spice palette by 50 percent, along with a few other holiday faves; they’re also offering a free 4-piece set of necessities with every $50 purchase.
- Calling all lovers of The Lip Bar! The cult-favorite beauty brand is offering up to 50 percent off sitewide today—meaning now is the time to stock up on all your favorite shades!
- Pear Nova’s runway-inspired nail colors are also vegan-friendly, cruelty-free, and 5-free. They’re offering 20 percent off sitewide through Dec. 1, as well as 10 percent off services at Pear Nova Studio and 20 percent off product in-store on November 30th for Small Business Saturday. You can also score a free Pear Nova Green Tea Cuticle Oil with any $25 purchase from October 30-31, and look out for their 15 percent off End of Year sale from Dec. 30-Jan. 1.
- Oyin Handmade is a longtime favorite of the melanated set, and has earned its devoted following with a commitment to natural and organic ingredients, made from hand, bottled and packaged in founder Jamyla Bennu’s Baltimore-based production kitchen and warehouse. With the code “Thanks30,” you can stock up on hair and body goodies through Dec. 2 for—you guessed it—30 percent off.
- Urban Skin Rx was created to offer scientifically researched corrective skin care products for all skin tones and colors. This Black Friday, the melanin skin experts are offering 25% off sitewide and free shipping; on Nov. 30-31, you can grab a BOGO-50 percent off and free shipping; and from Dec. 1-3, get 30 percent off and free shipping.
- Eden Bodyworks “provides natural products that integrate wellness and beauty inspired by nature to restore and maintain the hair and body’s original design,” according to a release. Through Nov. 30, they’re offering a $15 Holiday Box deal; on Dec. 2, get $5 items plus $5 shipping, and Dec. 30-Jan. 1, enjoy 31% off and free shipping for orders totaling $31 or more as part of their End of the Year sale.
- Urban Hydration is a clean beauty brand specializing in fruit and plant-based ingredients. With every purchase, this family-founded, environmentally-focused company donates a gallon of water to transform communities around the world. This week, you can contribute at a discount with 30 percent off sitewide, a 50 percent off entire site flash sale this Black Friday, and a 70 percent off flash sale on Cyber Monday. And in December, save 20 percent on all purchases entire cart and free shipping all month.
- If you’re a fan of CurlFormers, Waveformers, or the SoftHood, you’re a fan of Hair Flair, which is “rooted in providing real solutions for real women, challenging their natural style without causing damage to their locks.”
In addition to offering 30 percent off sitewide through Dec. 2, you can also score 50 percent off Hair Flair SoftHoods with each styling kit purchase (excluding Moon and Stars) from Nov. 11-24.
- Love African prints? Sika is celebrating all things printed with 50 percent off this Friday—with free shipping to the U.S. Treat yourself or someone you love to a Dutch wax puffer just use the codes PRINTFRIDAY and SHIPFREE.
- Oyemwen specializes in delightfully glamorous tulle confections—think tiered skirts, dresses and even jackets and coats—and today, they’re all 20 percent off!